Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Naysayers Beware!

I decided yesterday that I am not going to jump to any negative conclusions about my future. The biggest stress on my mind over the last week has been the possibility of losing my uterus. True I've already had a baby, and with my current health situation my husband and I have decided that we aren't going to have anymore kids. None of these decisions however make me feel anymore comfortable with the idea of living without my uterus.

Since the circumstances surrounding that surgery are almost completely out of my hands, I've decided that I can't allow worrying about it to take over my life.

So I've allowed myself to get wrapped up in all the positive things in my life right now. Like my beautiful daughter who seems to be growing faster than ever. And who's new favorite word it Uh-Oh. It's her only word so far, but it's still the most incredible sound I've ever heard.

I've also allowed myself to get back into the hopeful mind set I'd had before things took a turn for the unexpected. I can remember how I felt when I first allowed myself to hope for the best, and I'm trying to get that feeling back. I've been staring at the photos of the Stapleton home, and imagining what it will be like to raise my daughter in it, to grow old in it.

Those thoughts still make me smile. They still make me feel like anything is possible, and that because we want it badly enough, we will one day have it. That one day we will be sitting on the front porch together discussing my amazing recovery. Celebrating my birthday's year after year, dining with family and friends.

I know over the years the inside of the house will be unrecognizable by those who designed the original, but I am looking forward to that transition most. Turning the house into a home. My style and my husbands coming together to create a space all our own.

I can't stand the art work over the fireplace...Solution ^

There's absolutely no romance in the house, which is a must for a softy like me. 

I love this chair as a replacement in the dining room, different fabric an finish, but love the shape. 

I love this fabric, neutral colors in whimsical patterns say romance to me. 

I love earthy organic looking patterns as well.


I love this wooden coffee table for the living room, but...

I love the black finish as well. 

All of these things are simple changes, simple fixes that will make the space mine. So now I just hope that the treatments that are required to return me to my full health and secure the long life I am hoping to live with my husband and daughter and as simple, and fix me without incident.

Until Then and Always,
Hopeful Mother. Of. Madison.

No comments:

Post a Comment