Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weeks, Days, Hours, Minutes.

Time. I've been trying to figure out a way to pass the time. Blogging, or writing. Even reading usually helps. But lately I can't think, breath, or comprehend, anything that isn't cancer.

To be honest I really don't want to talk about it, or write about it in this case. So lets talk about this another time. For now, let's discuss what's been keeping me sane during the few minutes, or hours of the day that I can think about anything else.

REDECORATING!

Turning that house from cold and modern to homey and romantic. It's a challenge I'm looking forward to. It's a challenge I keep hoping I get the opportunity to achieve.

I have an obsession with this new option for a pop of color in the downstairs. I know I wanted to highlight the neutrals more, the browns, tans, grays, beiges. My hope is to remove a large amount of the yellow, but still compliment it with other colors. This was the picture that first gave me inspiration.

I love the purple and dark pink.

I would love to bring more mirrors, and well, pretty shiny thing's into the space. I love the pops of pink, and the way they compliment the brighter shade of yellow, almost gold tones. I also love that the bright color was carried into the kitchen. I love the house, but I wont lie to you and say that it isn't to dark for me. Because it is. I love the layout and a lot of the large staple pieces in the home. But some of the darker more 'artistic pieces' in the home are the complete opposite of homey to me. 

I am such a cheese ball romantic at heart that I could never live in a home that I couldn't see myself growing old in, being in love in. Falling in love again everyday with my family. I want to walk into my home, to see my home, and feel the way I feel when I look at my daughter. To feel the love and excitement I feel every time she laughs, smiles, or reaches her precious little hands out for mine. 

So to do that, I have been looking for things that when I see them, they make me smile, or make me think of my husband and things we've done together. Things I think my daughter will like, things she'll grow up with that as an adult will distinctively remind her of home, and hopefully her mommy and daddy.

I love this lighting fixture.

It's unique and beautiful at the same time. It's not a chandelier, but it's still beautiful, and says patience and care to me. It's homey, and I love it.

I loved that these double with shelves underneath.

I love the idea of the grey neutral side tables, because I love white accessories, next to bright colors that pop.

Nothing is cuter to me than birds, specifically owls. 

I also decided that the big part of the color scheme in the house has a lot to do with the modern artwork, which, for lack of a better word is gross. OK, that's a little harsh. It's just not my style. So I've picked out some organic, romantic pieces that make me happy.



I love these colors.


I would love them in the living room.


I'm considering these for the dining room.


These say so homey, and earthy to me.

Besides the things I've shown you today, I've also collected a lot of fabric samples, and throw pillows. But we will save those for another day. Wouldn't want to run out of things to write about next time. 

Thank you to everyone that has stuck with me, and all the kind e-mails. I'm sorry for the lapses in my writing, but things has been busy. Hopefully everything will turn out exactly like we've wished.

Until Then and Always,
Hopeful Mother. Of. Madison.

No comments:

Post a Comment