Monday, April 18, 2011

Guest's of Honor!

So if you have seen the layout for the HGTV Green Home, you will know that it only has three bedrooms. Here is the layout for those of you that haven't taken a look on your own...



As you can see, this home is PERFECT for our little family of three. The only room we obviously wont be needing as is, is the little boys room. Which I plan to convert into the guest bedroom. Oh the possibilities... I have lost many hours of sleep about what I would love to do to this room...

Gorgeous flooring!

I absolutely adore the flooring in the bedroom. I love the chair, I love the chest of drawers being in the closet to save space. The only things I'm not thrilled about, are the standard sized bed, and the color on the walls (True Penny: Sherwin-Williams). And the creepy paper elephant thing on the wall above the mirror.

Changing these small things will make all the difference. 

It's important to me to be able to accommodate friends and family when they come up to visit. And considering most are couples. This set up just will not do. I've found a bed by Ethan Allen that I adore for this room, and I think I'll keep the simple bedding style. Here's the Bed...

LOVE THIS!

I feel like changing the bed, and removing the Elephant and other children's items from the room, will change the vibe from little boy, to guest. But I really feel like I need to lighten up the walls. I feel like it will brighten up the room and make it look larger. I was thinking Soft Apricot, it's still in the copper/orange tone, just a few shades lighter.
SW6352

I like the color's and styling of the the bedding, and I will keep the color scheme other wise the same. I love the colors in the mirror above the bed, and may even incorporate one of the brighter colors into the room as well with accessories. Like a brighter blue throw pillow on the chair, I have so many things to think about. I can't wait to actually step into that space and feel it out. 

I especially can't wait to have it all finalized with not just the redecorating, but all the photos and personal touches that will really make this amazing house feel like a home. 

I really want to have some professional family portraits taken. As well as some of just Madison. She is so beautiful and growing up so fast. I really want to capture her now. And every home needs a lifeline, and what better way to capture it then with photos. 

I can't wait to take my daughter sledding for the first time, and bike riding through central park. Completing all these activities with our family will really make the town and the community feel like home as well. I've lived here my whole life. But my daughter is young and it's important that we start to build a home and a future for her now.

I can't wait to show you guys the idea's I have for the dining room, and the living room, I just feel like I need some brighter colors, with more pop, but also more of an emphasis on fall. I feel like we'd be living in summer, and as all of my family and good friends know, that is SO not my season. 

So many things to look forward to, and numerous plans I can not wait to set into motion. Thanks for sticking with me, and getting as pumped for the big day, or at least i like to imagine you all are, as I am! 

Until Then and Always,
Hopeful Mother. Of. Madison.




No comments:

Post a Comment