Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Today was my daughters second easter! We had such a good time with her today. When we first got to our Aunt's house, Madison was immediately drawn to all the Easter eggs laying around. We tried to tell her we had to wait until the egg hunt, but trying to tell a 17 month old that she can't pick up toys, especially ones that are just laying around. That doesn't go over very well.

She was trying to look shy...She is anything but.

My husband and I really enjoyed watching her play today. It's always fun to watch her interact with her cousins, and other kids in general. She is an only child, and unfortunately forever will be, so it's important to us that she gets plenty of interaction with other children.

Of course after an hour of trying to get her to leave the "hidden" easter eggs alone, it was finally time for the egg hunt. All the kids were reared up and ready to hunt...except my daughter, whom at that moment discovered her new favorite thing.

She played in this thing almost the WHOLE time after she discovered it!

It was a wonderful day...but again I couldn't make it through the day without thinking about our future home! I couldn't help but think about how awesome it would be to celebrate in our own home next year. To be able to wake up in the morning and tell my daughter the Easter bunny had come, and race down stairs with her to see eggs 'hidden' all around the yard, and Easter baskets for the family on the dining room table! 

The backyard is beautiful, and perfect for an Egg hunt!

(I don't even want to talk to you about other holidays yet. Halloween and Christmas could probably take up entire weeks of my blog. We 'll get around to it. LOL)

I love the clean lines, and organic colors and textures outside of the house. It is definitely a space that is very me. I especially love the plants they chose. My favorite are the English Oak trees, they're like a little piece of fall that I can keep all year round. 

Beautiful!

My absolute favorite part of the entire area though is this...

I love Hammocks!

It's a cozy little spot where my daughter and I can lay out at night to stare at the stars, or read bed time stories to one another. It's a place where my husband and I can cuddle up together after a long day, and just enjoy a warm summer night. Or even a place for mommy to curl up on her own with a good book and just drift away for a few hours. 

These are the things I thought about the most today, specifically while holding my beautiful baby girl. 

She is too adorable for her own good!

Whenever I think about our future, I can't help but see us in this amazing home. Or my daughter sleeping in that beautiful little girl room. Making dinner for my husband and I on that gorgeous island. Being a family together in our own little space, in our own home.

Until Then and Always,
Hopeful Mother. Of. Madison





1 comment: