Friday, April 22, 2011

The Way to a Man's Heart, Is Through His Stomach

My thoughts for today, are all about the dinning room. I love to cook and bake. And I feel that the space where I'll be presenting these culinary master pieces should be as amazing as they are.

The dinning room, is beautiful, modern, and so not me. It's got plenty of potential though. In fact, I already have the few, but definitely dramatic changes picked out. Here's what we're starting with...

Love what they've given me to start out with. 

I know that for some this is already ideal, but i'm a little more whimsical. I definitely need that in an area where I'll not only be serving my family, but entertaining friends as well. And these changes are fairly simple. Just things to boost the ideal. First, I can't handle the yellow chairs at the end...I have two options, refurbishing them in a different fabric. Which I am open too, or, I found another chair with a little more whimsy..

I love that the finish of this chair is black...

I love that the finish will compliment the black leather side chairs, and the rustic industrial bottom of the table, but the fabric I've chosen will be warm and compliment the table, and the accessories I've decided to add!

This is the fabric for the chair! I love it!

I really want to keep all the open rooms downstairs cohesive, so I really want to incorporate similar colors, and make similar changes. I like how light and open the room is, so I want it to stay light and warm, but with more whimsy. Like the lighting fixture...it has to go. WAY too modern for me, this chandelier however...perfect!

Gorgeous!

Romantic, and vintage, with a darker colored shade to tie in the different hues. I think it would give me just the changes, and over all vibe I'm looking for. I think introducing the plum into this room in the shades would be a simple but dramatic touch. Last but definitely not least...the art work. I think that I should hang something still simple, but less modern...

I love the simple lines, and the beautiful detail!

I would absolutely have to change the frames...but I love the overall effect, and to me modern art is just to impersonal. And this is so much more affectionate to me. I feel like I can tell just by looking at it, that the person who created it was in love with it, or at least the moment that inspired it. It makes me happy.

I like the idea that soon this amazing house will be filled with touches of my own personality as well as my husbands. And of course the most important thing. The photos. Nothing makes a space feel like it's your own then filling it with happy familiar faces. Loved faces. I know that we will miss our friends and family when we move. But I also know that it's more important for our little family to have a life of our own.

To have a home of our own. A home to grow in, to live in, to really become a family in. That's all I really want out of this life. To give my daughter that feeling, that security that children feel when they grow up in a safe loving and inspired home. One where they are supported and loved, and know without a doubt that they will always be protected and welcomed in. 

Unconditional love. That's the greatest thing I can give my daughter. Because I know what it's like to grow up with out it, and to be an adult unsure of my place in the world, or where my heart called home. 


I know that I love my family, so now all I want to do is start showing them. In every way I possibly can. 

Until Then and Always,
Hopeful Mother. Of. Madison.





No comments:

Post a Comment